Friday, March 7, 2008

MIX and SDWest in one week!

This week was intense... I started off the week juggling office time with SD West on monday and managed to catch some post-session goodness. Day two I couldn't quite get there in time for the end of day sessions and was frantically searching for an extra MIX 08 ticket.

Well, my luck turned (and so did Rich's) around 8:30 when I got the 'Dude I can't make it, you want my spot?' call which, of course, I did. So, booked a plane and flew to Sin City at 6:15 AM.

I can't even count anymore the number of times I talked with someone for half an hour just to find out I already knew them, or happened upon a fellow session attendee to discover it was none other than Scott Ha (aka. Your Ha-ness). Lets just say that what started out as a solo trip turned into a whirlwind networking extravaganza that ranged from most of the ASP.Net (MVC/Sivlerlight/UIX/etc) product teams [you guys rock by the way, I'll party with you any time] to Component One's dev team [Good times at Treasure Island] to old friends I haven't seen in years [Ping back to you James].

So anyways, if you're reading this and are from Microsoft can you have the MIX board people let me know what topic I'm picking up for next years conference? No, seriously... I'm making it a personal goal to present at MIX by 2011, I've already got SDWest and VSLive this year so it's only natural.

I need to recoup a bit tonight but will try to get a tech post up in the next day or two... my problem at the moment is simply indecision on which topic to start on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My partner and I stumbled over here coming from a different web page and thought I might as well check things out.
I like what I see so now i am following you.

Look forward to checking out your web page yet again.
my website: contractor Orlando